South Haven Steelheaders
CATCH 10 WEIGH 5 TOURNAMENT RULES
To Register: click HERE.
- Time: 7:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m., unless advised differently by Tournament Control. Cancellations will be announced one half hour before start time.
- If tournament cannot begin by 10:00am, it will be postponed until the following day. 100% of entry fees will be refunded if the tournament is canceled.
- Tournament is on a Saturday. (SUNDAY WILL BE ALTERNATE WEATHER DAY)
- All entries and fees due by 6:00 a.m. before tournament begins at Pyle’s Bait Shop except where otherwise noted. Phone entries accepted, (Tournament Control Only).
- At least one M.S.S.F.A. Chapter member with current year’s dues paid must be aboard.
- You may leave the pier head at 6:00 a.m. Any boat in a tournament observed fishing by a committee member before 7:00 a.m. will be disqualified. (Lines in water).
- No radio or communication restrictions for this tournament.
- All DNR Rules apply. Observers are not required.
- You may fish a maximum of NINE rods per D.N.R. rules providing you have enough licenses on board to do so. You may only catch & weigh-in D,N.R. limit for each licensed person aboard during the tournament. Once 10 fish are boated, fishing must cease! No culling will be allowed.
- Fish counts will be at 8:30 a.m. and 10:30 a.m., no penalties issued for failure to answer.
- All fish counts and tournament control will operate on channel #78. PLEASE CALL IN.
- Weigh-in is at the River Bend Boat Club unless otherwise noted. Tournament coolers must be at the weigh-in line 1 ½ hours after fishing period ends. IF NOT IN WEIGH-IN LINE, YOU WILL BE DISQUALIFIED.
- All Tournament Participants will be required that you leave from the Port of South Haven Pier head on the day of the Tournament and return to that same Port unless otherwise noted.
- Five prize categories entered: Steelhead, Brown, Lake Trout, Salmon & total weight.
- Scoring: Prizes for 1st & 2nd places in each category will be determined by weight only; total is determined by 10 points per fish plus a point a pound to the nearest hundreds (10 fish limit-total catch)
- Prize monies split: To be determined based on entries. 65% for 1st & 35% for 2nd in each category, 2 fish in each category must be weighed for 1st & 2nd place prize money. Entrants are allowed only 1 entry per category. Any ties for places, Monies will be split.
- Entry Fees: $30 per team.
- EACH CAPTAIN IS ULTIMATELY RESPONSIBLE FOR THE SAFETY OF HIS/HER CREW AND VESSEL
Same rules set as 2016.